Monday, May 28, 2007

28 weeks later

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This movie was a huge surprise. I liked 28 Days Later but I thought it was a bit uneven. So a sequel...? Could that be something? First I was a bit skeptic. But now. This sequel totally blows its predecessor away. This movie rock! It's dark. Super dark. It's depressing and really scary sometimes. It's full of "rage" and totally insane action. It also has a near perfect soundtrack. Enrique Chediaks cinematography is sometimes frightenly close to the pictures you see in the news from Iraq or 9/11 and sometimes very beautiful and almost iconic. Juan Carlos Fresnadillos direction is brilliant. There's a great flow in the movie and for once someone manage to make a movie that feels too short instead of too long. 28 Weeks Later is only 99 minutes long. Which is perfect. There's not a boring or unnecessary moment in this movie. I kind of liked Alfonso Cuaróns Children of Men and I liked V for Vendetta a lot. But 28 Weeks Later surpasses both of those movies. Together with Kinji Fukasakus Battle Royale I think this is one of the best and most moving and frightening dystopic visions I've ever seen. Don't miss it!

No comments: