Saturday, February 03, 2007

friday night favourites

felix - it will make me crazy


This is one of my favourite old skool dance tunes. It was released in 1992 and I played it a lot when I worked as a DJ back then. Still makes me wanna dance.

roxy music - out of the blue


This is Roxy Music anno 1974 with Eddie Jobson on keyboards and violin and John Wetton on bass. Can't get much better than this. A perfect marriage between progressive music and art/glam rock. The song is from the album Country Life which became notorious for its cover art. I remember listening to this album in the public library in Falun in the mid and late seventies and getting harrassed by the librarians because of the album cover. It made me a bit embarressed but I loved the music and I still do. Roxy Music is one of the greatest bands ever.

1 comment:

Anonym said...

Instämmer som fan! Känns kanske inte så feministiskt att gilla Rosetti heller men jag hans grejer är nästan det enda jag minns från mina 35 p konstvetenskap. Roxy Music behärskade verkligen konsten att kombinera fantastisk musik med lika fantastiska skivomslag.