Thursday, February 08, 2007

brick



I watched the movie Brick yesterday. Don't know why I haven't watched it before since it was made in 2005. Maybe I'm getting slow. Don't know. Anyway. It's a great movie. Kind of a film noir detective story set in a suburban high school. An interesting idea that actually works. It's not that hard to translate the characters in those old detective movies to a high school environment. The outsider, the femme fatale, the thug, the dealer, the brain etc. It's kind of a dark teenage version of Bugsy Malone but no one is singing and dancing. Not that I mind. It's a great little movie that I really recommend. The photo is excellent eventhough it's low budget and the dialogue is totally on the spot.

Brendan: You got a cigarette?
Tugger: I don't smoke.
Brendan: I've seen you smoke.
Tugger: I don't smoke cigarettes.

Fortunately it's been released on DVD in Sweden.

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

When I heard the premise for this, I didn't think there was any way they could pull it off, but this was indeed one of the best movies of 2005 ... It's even better than Election, which I love too