Saturday, April 14, 2007

death from above 1979 & skweee

death from above 1979 - sexy results (mstrkrft editition)


I sat in front of my iBook and viewed some old Death from Above 1979 videos (like the one above) on YouTube and checking out some links, myspace and wiki and other places. You know how it is sometimes. Suddenly I came to a Flow Magazine article titled "Synthetik Skandinavian Funk is called Skweee". What the fuck is Skweee!? was my first thought. Have I missed something? Obviously I had. I love it when things like this happens - a whole new branch, in this case a very small branch, of music for me to explore!

mesak - popkumm


Can't say that it's easy to find any videos with Skweee bands. But I found this one with Finnish Mesak. I also found this page - Nations of Skweee - where you can listen to some of the artists and find some more info. A music style whos main labels are called Flogsta Danshall (flogsta danshall at myspace) and Harmönia can't possibly be wrong. It has to rule. At least for a couple of days.

1 comment:

Lennart Nilsson said...

This one has to rule! Not the least since it is only release on 7"!