Tuesday, March 13, 2007

stranger than fiction

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In my popular series "Reviews that came far too late" I've finally come to Stranger Than Fiction. This is a great little surreal romcom about litterature, taxes and the creative process. Kind of like Spike Jonze's and Charlie Kaufman's Adaptation. I didn't really like the beginning of the movie. I thought it was a bit annoying. It feels very academic or constructed for a while. The narration. The watch. I didn't speak to me. But then Harold Crick (Will Ferrell) meets Ana Pascal (Maggie Gyllenhaal) and the movie starts to make sense. I really liked it when it started to focus on the characters and on Harold Cricks journey and transformation. His talks with the literary expert Jules Hilbert (Dustin Hoffman) are kind of funny. So "Reviews that came far too late" gives this movie 4 stars out of 5.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with u. i've started a little bit stranged about the movie, but, my "break" point was the talks with Hoffman.

Great movie. first time i like Queen Latiffah.