Wednesday, November 08, 2006

hearts of darkness



Why? Why can't anyone release the brilliant documentary Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse on DVD? I found a lousy VHS rip on Pirate Bay - but even that was a great movie experience. To be able to watch a great movie maker like Francis Coppola and his team of actors, cinematographers, designers, writers and producers totally go mad in the Philippino jungle while making Apocalypse Now is among the most interesting, weird, disturbing and emotional I've ever seen on a TV-screen or on my laptop. It totally blows away all the Reality TV shows that's been shown the last decade. Could this be the ultimate Reality TV show? Send a huge group of interesting and talented people out in the jungle somewhere with millions of dollars, helicopters, guns, boats and drugs, loads of drugs, and document what happens. I would definitely watch a show like that. That's one of the reasons I downloaded Hearts of Darkness! But why do I have to become a criminal to be able to watch this epic documentary? I already have Apocalypse Now and Apocalypse Now: Redux on DVD. Why can't I buy Hearts of Darkness anywhere?

I end this with two great Francis Ford Coppola quotes from the movie:

My movie is not about Vietnam... my movie is Vietnam.

There were too many of us, we had access to too much equipment, too much money, and little by little we went insane.

3 comments:

gudmundson said...

Yep. Where are Human Rights Watch when you need them?

Johan Muren said...

That's the BIG question... And there must be a huge demand for this movie on the market so when will the now so famous market forces start to be of any use? Maybe you should write about this too Per so they wake up!

Anonymous said...

Chanel "Jimmy".