Sunday, July 24, 2005

ooops, sorry we killed you 2.1


menezes, originally uploaded by John Barleycorn.

The latest victim in the Global War On Terrorism is Jean Charles de Menezes. ABC News reports that:
Witnesses said the Brazilian, described as looking "like a cornered rabbit", fell to the floor in a train carriage before a policeman standing directly above shot him five times in the head.
If that's true, it's totally frackin' horrible. Did they think he had the bomb in his head? There must be other ways to find out if "suspicious looking" people have bombs on them or not. Otherwise we're in big trouble. They can't just say "Ooops, sorry we killed you. But it's the GWOT you know. It's for your own safety." Yeah, this really makes me feel a hell of a lot safer. If we don't get killed by terrorists then the police will get us. Thanks George and Tony. This strategy of yours, waving a stick under the wasp's nest while drinking orange juice, will really show those evil evil doers who's the Boss. Keep up the good work!


Update:
The latest news I've heard is that Jean had been beaten up by two british guys a couple of weeks before his death and therefore could have been running away from the plain clothes police officers in fear of getting beaten up again. This just makes his death even more tragic.
I found this comment on the BBC News talk back. I think it's very good:
"A gang of BNP/National Front men look very similar to young plain clothes police officers dressed in their casual clothes and trainers. In this climate there are attacks going on by violent and misguided British men on 'foreigners'. If I saw a bunch of these 'thuggish' looking guys shouting and running after me, my survival instinct would kick in and I would be off."
I totally agree. I have written before about exactly what I think about plain clothes police officers. I don't like them at all.

Update:
7 bullets in the head and 1 in the shoulder...

No comments: