Tuesday, January 25, 2005

number six & dr gaius baltar


six & baltar, originally uploaded by John Barleycorn.

This can't be true. I've seen all 13 episodes and now there's no more episodes left. I need more... just one small fix... please... This series, Battlestar Galactica, has made me feel like I felt as a kid when I watched Star Trek, Space 1999 and Japanese monster movies like Destroy All Monsters on TV for the very first time. The thrill and the excitement - this series has been truly amazing! Characters like the insane Doctor Gaius Baltar and the cylon replicant Number Six manage to stay alive in my subconscious, almost like old friends. Weird. Finally someone managed to make scifi for television that has beautiful SFX, spectacular production designs, great sound track (sounds like Dead Can Dance during the Serpent's Egg era) and actors that actually act. No more bad acting in fun clothing. This is scifi for grown-ups, not just for nerds. Don't miss it!

1 comment:

ira said...

hello johan
yes indeed, gaius and number six stay alive in my subconscious as well
I will now go the 2008 section of your blog, regards, IRA in new york city