Friday, February 01, 2008

lost - 4:01 the beginning of the end



I've really been looking forward to a new season of Lost. The last ten or so episodes of season three were among the best I've ever seen on TV. So I had quite high hopes for the season four premiere. I wasn't disappointed. This was great television. The episode was Hurley centric. And just as in the last episode of season three we got flash forwards instead of flashbacks. It worked perfectly. The script was excellent. The episode was very dark and sad. No revelations. Just more questions. Who are on the boat? What does Hurley actually see? What is Jacob up to? Are Hurleys visitors friends of foes? Maybe both? If the series continues like this it will be hard to beat. I like TTSCC for example - but episodes like this one plays in a totally different league. You can't compare them. Now I have to wait one long week for the next episode. It sucks!

By the way! Don't skip the recap "Past, present and future". It was a good summary of the previous episodes and kind of like meeting an old friend.

No comments: